Meet the Tidewater Express Inc team section of our website is a way for you to get to know our shop technicians, road service technicians, office staff and tow truck drivers. This blog post team member spotlight features one of our Road Service Mechanics, James Gauger.
James Gauger has been part of the Tidewater Express team for the past 20+ years. If you see a Tidewater Express service truck on the side of the road, especially on the peninsula, that is probably James hard at work. Also, if you see any vehicle on the side of the road, PLEASE slow down and move over if possible. We asked James what his biggest challenge is being a road service mechanic and he said, “Working outside in bad weather and working on the side of the road where people don’t slow down or move over”. When James isn’t out on a call getting trucks back on the road, you can find him turning a wrench on a piece of equipment or jumping in on an in-shop truck repair in the Hampton, VA shop.
Check out some of James’ quotes to our TEI team member Q&A….
A FEW FUN FACTS ABOUT JAMES GAUGER:
- Favorite part of working at TEI?
- Camaraderie with my co-workers. My main job here at Tidewater is on the road truck repair by myself, but when I’m not doing that I’m here in the shop fixing heavy equipment, RVs and trucks with the rest of the guys…I get the best of both worlds!
- What is your favorite brand of tools?
- Snap-on tools. We love Dave Bell! (our go-to Snap-on guy)
- Favorite music artist/band or song?
- JJ Grey & Mofro
- Favorite pizza topping?
James is an amazing asset, with his decades of experience, to TEI and the rest of his teammates. Stay tuned here for more ‘Meet the Tidewater Team’! In the meantime, for all of your truck repairs, towing and recovery services, collision repair services, auto body paint or oversized hauling needs don’t hesitate to reach out to Tidewater Express Inc. Your Hampton Roads, VA area go-to towing and recovery company.
Leave A Comment